Goals and Objectives
The goals of PTE Connect are to produce and disseminate nationally six online modules designed to support preservice and inservice teacher development of cross-cultural competence in engaging parent involvement in the learning of K-12 students.
Objectives of the project include the following.
- To involve a consortium of American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) - member colleges of education and school partners that serve diverse learners in developing and pilot testing modules and validating their related assessments of candidate learning.
- To recommend patterns of delivery and strategies for using the modules and related assessments in programs for the preparation of teachers at different levels. (e.g. EC-6, 4-8, 8-12, EC-12).
- To expand the prototype modules, which currently include case studies, web-based resources, and resources for teacher educators, to include best practices, threaded discussion, and multimedia components.
- To assure that content of the modules supports the parent involvement provisions of No Child Left Behind as implemented by State Education Agencies (SEAs) of consortium members and other influential states.
- To assist AACTE-member colleges of education in meeting state and national standards related to candidate development of knowledge, skills, and dispositions for developing meaningful learning experience for students in diverse school, family, and community contexts.
- To disseminate the modules through the Technology Leadership Web Library housed at the University of North Texas with the support of an interstate consortium.